waste containments there is an economic advantage of using geosynthetics products.
As seen in the first picture if you use traditional clay and gravel layers in the landfill you can have about 5000 m3 of volume.
But as seen in the second picture if geosynthetics materials are used in the waste disposal area a gain of extra volume will be about 300 m3 with an increase of about 6% in the same area.
From bottom to top layers:
- Leveling layer : Levels the top of the waste dump. Forms a foundation layer for the capping construction.
- Gas conducting layer : Ensures controlled removal of the gas rising to the surface of the dump.
- Impermeable seal : Stops the escape of gas and prevents the influx of (rain) water.
- Drainage layer : Removes excess (rain) water.
- Vegetation layer : Permits formation of an environmentally acceptable surface structure and protects the liner.
You may also like below posts: