From bottom to top layers:
- Leveling layer : Levels the top of the waste dump. Forms a foundation layer for the capping construction.
- Gas conducting layer : Ensures controlled removal of the gas rising to the surface of the dump.
- Impermeable seal : Stops the escape of gas and prevents the influx of (rain) water.
- Drainage layer : Removes excess (rain) water.
- Vegetation layer : Permits formation of an environmentally acceptable surface structure and protects the liner.
You may also like below posts: